Thursday 7 July 2011

Wexford to Waterford




12.5 miles each today, we had a good night sleep in Marsh Mere Lodge B&B in Arthurstown, Sam enjoyed 2 of the largest, brownest freshest eggs I've ever seen. We drove back to Wellingtonbridge (where we finished yesterday), and Sam drop me and left the car at the halfway point to Ballyhack, where the ferry was.

I felt good this morning and the miles were tumbling. Enjoyed a conversation with my cousin Joan which gave me encouragement. Met Sam back in Ballyhack, where we got the small ferry across the river, taking us the very short distance from Wexford county to Waterford county.

Thanks to the very nice lady in the Montessori school cafe who kindly allowed us to use her comfort facilities and gave us free refreshments. We split the walk again, Sam walking the first half and me the second having dropped the car halfway.

The Waterford countryside is stunning but unfortunately rather undulating- I felt like I got a good workout because the ups felt more frequent than the downs. Finished the walk in Tramor and then drove to the Woodlands hotel in Waterford, where we have been given a complimentary night.

This evening, had the usual skyping session, with my mum on the other end taking part in her first skype. She seemed to enjoy it unlike poor Maisie, who got quite distressed when she heard my voice.

Overall a good day, weather was quite sunny with only a short burst of rain in the afternoon. Total miles=133, both Sam and myself feeling positive and looking forward to a day off tomorrow.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment