Tuesday 5 July 2011

Bit overwhelmed

Monday 4th July -Jane 10 Sam 15 Total 25
Not  the best day yesterday. One of those days I wondered whether we had taken on a bit too much. Started reasonably well, Sam drove me north of Arklow where we had finished the day before and I walked in quite fast. Had  a radio interview en route with South Coast radio - tried to find a quite spot since by the time they called me back I was in Arklow. I found a very nice little spot by a brook, forgot about the wretched mossies and now consequently have a load more bites!! After the interview on the way to the hotel tooted by a someone who had heard me on the radio and they wished me luck. I think I will definitely push the local stations. Met up with Jean, Amy and Pat and we set off for the town centre to do some collecting. Was rather slow and quite but met some nice people, a few of whom had heard the radio interview so that was nice.
How can Amy make this outfit look stylish?



In the afternoon got call from Sam who was walking south of Arklow that he had got lost, the maps are not good and sat nav doesn't always pick up the small roads. He was feeling decidedly unwell too. He hadn't yet reached his destination but with all the back doubling he had done reckoned he had done his quota of mileage. Decided to drive straight to Wexford where we booked into the beautiful Whites hotel -thank you Mr McCann of Maldron Hotels for being so generous. It really is a wonderful place with fabulous views from the window. Journey interrupted by sick stops for poor Sam. As soon as we got to the room he fell asleep for a few hours. I spent this time counting the money  -took me hours which is a good sign.
Sam asleep with a great view of Wexford

Had lots of emailing to catch up with but felt so much to do. Getting publicity is hard and time consuming. Felt a bit overwhelmed with everything. Sam has obviously got the most awful hayfever, combined with some virus and the effects of the heat(never thought I would be saying that!). In the evening I walked around the town and so boosted my mileage.

Sam woke up feeling better but I have suggested he rest today. We have made the decision instead of driving all the way back to our last destination and then him having to collect me, I will set off from the hotel and do a circular walk around Wexford. The mileage will be the same but the route slightly changed better that than him not resting.

Early Tuesday morning now and feeling bit more positive. Not sure I will make the full 25 miles but I will do my best,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment