Wednesday 20 July 2011

Sunday 17th

Jane 12m Sam and Michela 13 Total today 25
Walking total 307.5
Sam's 20th birthday. I feel very old my first baby no longer a teenager and my second passing her driving test!
Good night last night but had to make my own breakfast what is the world coming to?
Drove to Glengariff and walked along the south of the Beara peninsular -fabulous.



I had to photograph these donkeys they were so funny they galloped from the bottom of the field when I stopped at their gate and opened a muesli bar -obviously their favourite!



Weather was drizzle all day but also very windy. My last mile was up this really steep hill and I really had to battle the wind. At one point I did have my doubts if I was going to make it but once at the top, the view was stunning. Last part of walk was also the route for a triathlon. Now I will never be able to say this again but I was being cheered on since people thought I was doing the triathlon since I has a high vis top on. Mind you at the end of it I thought I had done the triathlon!
Michela and Sam


Went to Foleys in Kenmare for a meal and then caught the end of The Apprentice (Go Tom! -first tele in two weeks).
Jane
rest of blogs later tyre needs sorting!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon Kimpton20 July 2011 at 12:00

    Any chance of some videos of the scenery, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated Happy Birthday Sam. Hopefully, we will be able hand deliver your card somewhere in Donegal!

    Lots of love,
    Greg, Kay, Tom, Hannah and Robbie

    ReplyDelete