Wednesday 6 July 2011

The rain comes

Sam did 17 miles today and I had my rest day, bringing the total mileage to a momentous 108 miles so we are completely back on track with the extra miles done today. I have to say after yesterdays walk I feel completely exhausted and I hope that I have more energy tomorrow.

I spend the morning collecting in Wexford town centre, but could only get a good hour in before the rain came. I had an interview scheduled at South Coast radio at lunch time which will be broadcast tomorrow. The rain meant I couldn't really do any collecting as there were very few people around and so it wasn't worthwhile persevering.

Sam walked from Wexford to Wellingtonbridge in the pouring rain and got totally drenched but fortunately he's feeling back to his best. Staying tonight at Marsh Mere Lodge in Arthurstown, had a very nice seafood meal in "The Hollow" and an early night is planned.

On schedule now and moving onto Waterford county tomorrow, it's positive when you see the map and see how far we've walked already.

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Sharon Kimpton6 July 2011 at 13:05

    It sounds like you're doing really well. We're enjoying reading the blogs everyday. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete