Wednesday 20 July 2011

Update Saturday 16th

Jane 12.5m Total 282.5m (-13 behind schedule)
Sam collecting Michela from Kerry airport which is further away than we thought. So he is having his rest day and I walked form just outside Bantry to Glengariff. Scenery was gorgeous despite the rain. Bantry Bay has some of the most stunning scenery so far. Got a bit lost in the town but found my way easily back on track thanks to all the directions I was given.

Met up with Sam and Michela in Glengariff where they ahd been collecting but rain meant very few people about. After a sandwich in a pub drove towards Kenamre and did a touristy visit to Molly Gullivans which was very entertaining especially the pig how laid down like a dog to be stroked!


Supermarket and then to the house which is really great. No internet but made up for by the washing machine ... little things!! Home cooking of spag bol and realised how much I have missed cooking.
Today I wore my walking shoes for the first time all day because of the rain. Trainers obviously are better since my ankles were really sore especially the tendons at the front - I did my anatomy exams many years ago but Sam and Michela have just done theirs and they couldn't name them either flexor dorsi something was the best we got!! Standards nowadays!!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment