Saturday 13 August 2011

RAIN RAIN RAIN


Friday 12th 
Jane 9 Paul 16 Annie 2.5 Total 21.5 (+3) Walking total 799
We let the kids have a lie in and we started to walk towards Malin Beg. The rain was really heavy and it was so windy.
Paul walking into a cloud

I shall be writing to The Trade Descriptions Office!!
 Annie joined us later and she and me walked the end part to Malin Beg. We seemed to be walking for ages but only managed 2.5 miles. The wind was against us and the rain felt like needles in our face. At one point Annie said she wished she had brought her ski jacket with her! We were soaked to the core.

It's raining!!!!!!!!

It's windy!!!!!
It's beautiful!!!!

 Paul somehow kept going but we girls went back to change and warm up. I then walked into Kilcar later in the afternoon and Paul picked me up from there. They were having a heritage craft fayre so that was interesting.
I had a little doze when I got back after my shower. It was one of the most difficult days walking yet. Ankles really sore and feet ache. We are all feeling it a bit at the moment.
After dinner we drove to The Slieve League and got 10 minutes of clear weather. As you can see from the photos the clouds were obscuring the top of the cliffs. The views were magnificent. There is debate which cliffs are the more stunning – Moher or the Slieve League. The latter has it for me and very few tourists so you have the view to yourself practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment