Wednesday 24 August 2011

Drogheda

Tuesday 23rd
Sam 7 Paul 9 Total 16 Walking total 979
Paul up really early and did his walk before breakfast. His initial walk out of Drogheda not particularly wonderful, including sewage and cement plants but ended up better along mud flats with lots of sea birds.

View over mud flats


Job of counting - Note fancy light
 Paul and I then spent the day in the Scotch hall shopping centre collecting. We were given our own table and although it was a bit slow raised about E450. I was shattered at the end of the day and my legs ached far more than when I walk.
Got some great news that we definitley secured permits for Grafton Street later in the week. Annie spent day emailing and resending our final press release so hopefully the lats few days will see an increase in donations and interest.
In the evening there was excitement on the other side of the river to the hotel - a fire and the fire engines still there when we returned later in the evening. Great sunset over Drogheda from our hotel room.

Tomorrow is our last significant walk with the last mile on Friday to LauraLynn House. My legs tell me it's time to stop but I have so enjoyed the experience I really don't want it to end.
Jane

1 comment:

  1. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information?
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete