Saturday 13 August 2011

GOODBYE SLIGO


Wednesday 10th 
Jane 12 Sam 12 Total 24 (-1 behind schedule)
Thank you Carmel at The Strandhill Lodge for giving us back the money for the night’s accommodation – very generous and we had a great stay. The Strandhill area is really nice. 
Paul and Annie fundraising again in Sligo.
 I walked around the Strandhill peninsular and Sam walked around the southern part of Lake Gill. The weather was truly awful, with heavy rain near enough the whole time. At one point a van passed and it was as if someone had thrown a bucket of water in my face. It seeped down the front of my jacket, most unpleasant! However I did laugh to myself, it must have been a funny sight. When I got to Sligo I took over from Annie and did some collecting until the rain got too much. Sam had  a Sligo haircut. Drove to Donegal town where we were staying at the stunning Ardlenagh View bed and breakfast. The drive was in the most torrential rain and by the time we reached Tony and Eileen’s lovely home we were tired, cold  and still very damp! We were greeted by a pot of tea and a roaring peat fire- perfect!

Went into Donegal town for a meal and got completely drenched again, the rain is not going to stop! Our kids are becoming great mimics of the Irish accent and sayings. Haven’t laughed so much as I have over the past few weeks with them entertaining us!
The Sligo haircut with attitude!

The wall of  fame


No comments:

Post a Comment