Monday 27 June 2011

What a wonderful day!

Yesterday we held our garden party. I should be clearing up and packing now but wanted to put down all the wonderful memories of the day.


I have to start with many, many thanks to so many people.
Thanks to everyone who came, I think about 150 plus came at some point and we had many good wishes from people on holiday and so on. Thanks for creating a great atmosphere and for being so generous with your time and money. We possibly have raised £3000 but final figure later.
What a bunch of talent we saw. Annie's friends put on a show that I could not have paid for. The singers were amazing, musicians brilliant, banter fabulous (oops not allowed that!- Kegs joke) -what more can I say. We were all thoroughly entertained. You all have wonderful music futures.Thanks go particularly to Alice, Jessica, Ed, Bart, Phillipa,Sam, Alice and Simon.
Thanks go to our celebrity auctioneers who extracted so much money from. You were stars!!
Thanks to Bob and Alan for setting up the marque to provide some shade on the hottest day of the year so far.
Thanks to the Blackmore morris Men for their great entertainment.
Thanks to Margaret, Mark, George, Dushi and my mum for doing the balloons. That was hard work.
Thanks to my brother Tim and sister in law Jo for running the bar. Just taken the recycling out -14 bottles of Pimms -you must have had  a good time but may not remember? They worked so hard and keep everyone cool and well oiled.
Thanks to Peter from Little Havens for supporting us and informing everyone of the great job Little Havens Children's Hospice does.
Thanks to everyone who donated lots and prizes.
Thanks to my wonderful family who I am so lucky to be doing this with - Paul was off to work at 7am this morning rather tired!
Thanks to all the helpers through the day -all Annie's lovely, glamorous friends. Thanks to Michaela's parents who helped clear up at the end and to Ed's lovely mum for all your hard work in the kitchen.
Finally thanks to my stars -Kate and Ellen   - you are absolute wonders. I could not have managed without your hard work, sense of humour and organisation. You should hire yourself out!!!!! Without them we wouldn't have had the great spread of food.
Thanks to anyone else who I forgotten, I am sure I will suddenly remember lots more -you will be in my next blog.
A really special day. Lots of great memories....
.... Maisie (our dog) having a wonderful time. She is totally exhausted today. She particularly liked Darcey who is the daughter of Sam and Annie's nanny when they were little. Sarah who came such a long way with Mark to support us. It was so lovely to see you all. Sarah you have not changed in the slightest unlike the kids!
....the great entertainment -I wish I could sit down and enjoy it all again
....the fact that several people have said we should do this annually (The party not the walk!) -I'm game -see you same place next year  Jo and Co!
.....my highlight ...got to be serenaded by the gorgeous Bart...very special... first and probably last time that will happen!!! ( Lots of ladies very jealous of me)
Love and thanks
Jane







No comments:

Post a Comment