Thursday 16 June 2011

oooooh my feet!!

No not walking today but standing all day long in  Sainsburys in Brentwood collecting. I think I would feel less exhausted if I had walked all day. An interesting experience trying to get money out of people. A large proportion just completely ignore you, some pretend they are looking for something in their bag, some actually turn around and go in the other door! However as a group " thank you " to the people of Brentwood. Really touched by a lot of the kids turning their pockets and purses out. The whole day was made utterly worthwhile when a woman donated and they hugged  me and told me about the fact she is hoping her little boy age 4 will soon be going into Little Havens for respite care. Another man told me his little grand daughter sadly died before she could go to Little Havens - such sad stories that make what we are doing real.
My lovely mum joined me for the morning - thank you! Even at 85 you can fund raise!

Not sure how much we raised since poor Paul is still there having gone straight from work to let me do a shop and then come home.
On Tuesday appeared on Bryan Powis Drive show on Phoenix FM. Very appreciative of his help. However his rat story pushed our story to page 7 of the Gazette this week -oh well!
I think I'll pass on a walk tonight.. long soak in the bath with a little glass of wine might just do the job!

Now we have the total of today -£400.08 plus a Canadian cent, a few euros and a few polish coins.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment